Monday, August 8, 2011

Beauty


Picture
"You must know- 
there is no return from this flow,
this embrace within the mysterious
beauty of Eternity."
I am currently visiting my hometown of Santa Barbara as I begin the transition of moving back to California. With the pressure of work at bay for a couple of days, this has been a tremendous blessing and has become a beautiful retreat which has awakened the memories and sentiments which colored my childhood. 
Picture
Laughing till I cry with family, friends, and strangers over the smallest things. Reading my grandfather’s books at the seashore where I encounter his presence as I experience his innermost joys, sufferings, and moments of merciful love. Listening to a concert at the old courthouse at sunset. Sketching and praying on the beach while the mist of the ocean breeze slowly sinks into all of my books and clothing. Taking photographs of my parents at the church where they were married and witnessing the defining love which continues to hold my family together. Letting the mountain air fill my lungs. Holding my youngest sister’s hand. Resting. All of the little moments which have composed my days have been beautiful glimpses of the beauty which stirs wonder in my heart and leaves me in awe. 
Picture
It is a beauty that is difficult to find fitting words for. Rather than trying to confine it into a box, perhaps the more appropriate response will always be silence. I will therefor leave this post quite short and share with you the following poem and some photos to provide at least an impression of these past days.
May peace always be with you,
Teresa :)
Picture
Shores of Silence

The distant shores of silence begin
at the door.  You cannot fly there
like a bird.  You must stop, look deeper,
still deeper, until nothing deflects the soul

No greenery can now satisfy your sight:
the captive eyes will not come home.
And you thought life would hide you from
the other Life that overhangs the depths.

You must know-
there is no return from this flow,
this embrace within the mysterious
beauty of Eternity.

Only endure, endure do not interrupt
the flight of shadows-only endure
clear and simple-more and more.

Meanwhile you always step aside for Someone
from beyond,

who closes the door of your small room.
His coming softens with each step
and with this silence strikes
the target depths.


[Bl.JPII]
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment