Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Month of the Sacred Heart!



"[...] One soldier thrust his lance into his side, and immediately blood and water flowed out."

(John 19:34)
It’s difficult for me to remember a time in my life where I wasn’t drawn to the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Even in between the pages of doodles in my Kindergarten diary I find little smudged images where I had once attempted to draw the Sacred Heart. Since then, I have continued to cherish this devotion in my faith and have been blessed with the opportunity of experiencing one of the most enduring Love stories!  

The month of June is of special importance for me as it is dedicated to the veneration of the divine Heart. Not just one day, but every day! I encourage everyone to pray to the Sacred Heart during this special month and see what God may want to reveal in your own heart.

The Sacred Heart of Jesus is special because it represents not simply His physical heart but His love for all mankind. In permitting His redeeming love to enter into the deepest recesses of our hearts we, like Mary, give Him our complete “Yes” to transform our own heart for others. The world needs these hearts: hearts open to God, purified by contemplation of God, and stronger to respond to our own cross.

I would love to hear from anyone who may want to share experiences, prayers, or special intentions during this month!  I will be keeping you in my prayers as well and may the Lord bring peace into your heart!

"Everything that God wanted to tell us about Himself and about his love he placed in the Heart of Jesus, and by means of that Heart he has told us everything. We find ourselves before an inscrutable mystery. In Jesus’ Heart we read the eternal divine plan of the world’s salvation. It is a plan of love." [Pope John Paul II, Homily in Elblag, Poland June 6, 1999]


Sacred Heart Litany: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/Litanies/sacred_heart.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment